Iona Prep Physics Problems from the textbook
15. A 2.25 cm tall object is 8.5 cm to the4 left of a convex lens of 5.5 cm focal length. Find the image position and size.
16. An object near a convex lens produces a 1.8 cm tall real image that is 10.4 cm from the lens and inverted. If the focal point of the lens is 6.8 cm, what are the object position and height?
17. An object is placed to the left of a convex lens with a 25 mm focal length so that its image is the same size as the object. What are the image and object positions?
19. Calculate the image position and size when a 2.0 cm tall object is located 25 cm from a convex lens with a focal length of 5.0 cm. What is the orientation of the image?
20. A newspaper is held 6.0 cm from a convex lens of 20 cm focal length. Find the image position.
22. A convex lens with a focal length of 22.0 cm is used to view a 15.0 cm long pencil located 10.0 cm away. Find the size and orientation of the image.
24. A magnifier with a focal length of 30 cm is used to view a 1.0 cm tall object. Determine the location and size of the image when the magnifier is placed 10 cm from the object.